- 1 x Housing
- 1 x Tray with quick release handle
- 1 x Waterproof bulkhead cap
- 1 x Silicone lubricant 1cc tube
Top Product Features:
- The Ikelite housing for the popular Panasonic G7 Mirrorless camera is an excellent polycarbonate housing. With complete access to the camera's controls and a unique MIL port system, this housing is the best value choice in the market. No Port Included! Contact us for port options.
- An integrated TTL circuit allows direct communication between the camera and external strobe for the fastest, most accurate exposure possible underwater.
- Ergonomic controls for all important camera functions including the numerous customizable function buttons.Made in the USA and individually tested for fit and function.
- The front-loading camera mounting system makes installation and removal a breeze. The camera mounting plate allows ready access to the battery and memory card, and features a standard 1/4-20 mounting point for attachment to a tripod topside.
- Support for all of the most popular wide angle, fisheye, zoom, and macro lenses available.
- Housing Type: Mirrorless
- Depth Rating: 200ft/60m
- Material: ABS-Polycarbonate
- Strobe Connections: Fiber Optic
Panasonic has packed a lot into this petite mirrorless camera with DSLR styling. A 16 megapixel Micro Four Thirds sensor and 4K UHD video capabilities make this a great all-around camera. A bright OLED electronic viewfinder and Panasonic's typical array of customizable function buttons give a high-end shooting experience without the hefty price tag.
Like most Panasonic camera models, the DMC-G7 provides an expansive, custom configurable control set. We extend this underwater, providing larger controls and push buttons which are easy to access even with thick gloves. Whenever possible, controls are located in the same configuration as on the camera. This takes full advantage of your muscle memory so that you don't have to re-learn your camera once it goes into the housing. Control symbols laser engraved into the back of the housing will never peel off or fade even with years of use. The camera's large, super-bright LCD screen is viewable edge-to-edge through the back of the housing. A magnified optical viewfinder is included for a clear view of the camera's EVF underwater.
The front-loading camera mounting system makes installation and removal a breeze. The camera mounting plate allows ready access to the battery and memory card, and features a standard 1/4-20 mounting point for attachment to a tripod topside.
True TTL exposure
Light is absorbed as it travels through even short distances underwater, making colors appear dull or monochromatic. To preserve the natural colors of your subject, it's important to stay within arm's reach—no more than 3-4 feet (1m) away.
An integrated TTL circuit is fine-tuned to the Panasonic Lumix G7 flash exposure protocol for the most accurate exposure possible. The circuit is powered by the strobe for zero maintenance and no batteries to change. Exposure compensation in TTL mode is supported using the camera's built-in control. At this time, only Ikelite DS strobes are capable of powering the circuitry. SEA&SEA, INON, and Nikonos strobes will still enjoy fast recycle times and improved battery life, but must be used in manual exposure modes only.
This housing provides a direct electrical connection to the camera's external flash hot shoe. Cord attachment is as easy as screwing in a lightbulb, and the threaded fit prevents accidental detachment during use. The bulkhead connection has been moved to the top of the housing to keep cords out of your way and reduce strain on the cord ends. A variety of sync cord terminations are available for Ikelite, SEA&SEA, INON, or Nikonos strobes for ultimate versatility.
Due to its proximity to the lens, the camera's flash is not suitable for lighting a subject underwater. In order to provide the most compact and lightweight housing possible for this camera, the built-in flash is not able to be elevated or used inside of the housing. Fiber optic only strobes are not compatible with this installation. An external strobe must have the capability to attach an electrical sync cord in order to be used with this housing.
A bright constant-on video light can be used instead of or in addition to a flash. A constant-on light is not as bright as a strobe flash. Constant-on lights do provide added versatility because they can be used for focus assist and for improved colors when shooting video.
Two 1/4-20 threaded mounting points are included on the bottom of the housing for the attachment of a tray and handle system. Handles provide improved ergonomics underwater and are the foundation for your lighting mounts.
There is a simple rule that brighter is better underwater. A high-quality lighting system can produce magazine quality results with almost any compact camera system.
The Lens Support You Want
It couldn't be more simple to change ports than this system—just press the port on and tighten three thumb screws. Feel positive reinforcement that the port is secure with simple parts you can trust in a remote location.
This housing accepts a variety of ports to accommodate all of the most popular zoom, macro, and wide angle lenses. Our custom optical grade acrylic domes components provide the color, clarity, and durability of glass at a fraction of the travel weight and cost.
Lens port sold separately.
Durability and corrosion free performance
Our brand new ABS-PC blend provides strength and corrosion free performance year with minimal maintenance. The specially formulated color deflects the sun to keep your camera running cooler, longer. Compared to black or clear housings, the light gray color provides superior contrast for enhanced view of the camera, LCD screen, and o-ring seal.
The unique rear seal design prevents accidental twisting or stretching of the o-ring for simple and confident assembly. We have eliminated the need for an o-ring groove or channel which can trap sand, dirt, or debris. Two double-passivated stainless steel locking lid snaps are simple to use and virtually unbreakable. The clear back allows you to see the o-ring form a solid, watertight seal as it closes.
Ikelite products are designed, built and tested in the USA. We use locally sourced, top-grade materials. Our housings are built by hand and individually tested for fit and function. Every unit is water pressure tested to 200 feet (60m). We back our products with over 50 years of experience and the best reputation for service within the dive industry.
Serial number requirements
- AF35: not compatible
- DS50: yes, above serial number 70000
- DS51: yes
- DS125: yes, above serial number 5000
- DS160, DS161: yes
- DS200: yes, above serial number 7163
Electrical sync cord compatibility
- Ikelite-to-Ikelite TTL Sync Cord (TTL) Product 4103.51
- Ikelite-to-Ikelite TTL Dual Sync Cord (TTL) Product 4103.52
- SEA&SEA / INON Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Sync Cord (Manual) Product 4118.1
- SEA&SEA / INON Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Dual Sync Cord (Manual) Product 4118.2
- Nikonos SB Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Sync Cord (Manual) Product 4116.31
- Nikonos SB Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Sync Cord (Manual) Product 4116.32
Fiber optic cord compatibility
- 200 ft (60m) depth rating
- Controls for all important camera functions
- Controls are not provided for the Focus mode lever, Flash open button
- Ikelite flash bulkhead connector with built-in TTL circuitry
- Two 1/4-20 threaded tray mounts with 3-inch (76mm) spacing
- Ikelite bulkhead connector with built-in TTL circuitry
- Slightly negative buoyancy in fresh water
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
- Weight 3.4 pounds (1540 g) not including port
- Dimensions 7.8 x 6.0 x 5.9 in (198 x 152 x 150 mm) including projections
- ABS-PC, acrylic, and acetyl construction
To ensure fast shipment, please pay promptly in full using
- Credit Cards by phone [Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Discovery]
- Bank Transfer
- Cheque by mail (Shipment only after cheque is cleared)
NOTE: PLEASE PROVIDE AN ACCURATE SHIPPING ADDRESS ON EBAY!
- Mozaik offers flexible shipping options to meet your budget and urgent delivery needs.
- We work with almost all the major carriers, most order ship by Canada Post, USPS, FedEx and TNT.
- Shipping on customers account is possible upon request.
- Please contact us in advance or urgent / express delivery methods.
Our automated shipping system can only use the address you provide on eBay when you purchase this item.
It is the buyer's responsibility to provide an accurate address on eBay. ANY costs associated with inaccurate addresses are the buyer's responsibility.
NOTE: Most items to Canada will ship from our Vancouver office and items to the USA from our Blaine, WA office, However, some items will be shipped
differently and some from the manufacturer directly.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with a product you purchased you can request to return it within 60 days of the original delivery date, subject to the conditions below.
General Return conditions:
- Returned items should be in their original packaging and include all accessories, manuals, batteries, adapters or any other items that were originally packed with the order.
- Mozaik will only accept returns of items that have not been assembled by the buyer or have not been used both above water and underwater.
- Returned items will be inspected and will only be accepted if the conditions above are met.
- All returns must be coordinated with Mozaik. Once approved for return, Mozaik will issue you a Return Authorization Number you must include with your returned items. We will not accept returns of items not approved by Mozaik.
- Shipping and packing returning items will be at the customer's expense. Items must be received at Mozaik's warehouse of choice no later than 60 days from the original delivery date of the order at the customers location.
- A store credit or refund will only be given after the product has been received and inspected by Mozaik staff and/or the manufacturer.
- Items that are Discontinued by the manufacturer at the time of return cannot be returned.
- The shipping charges incurred by Mozaik to originally post the product to the customer will not be reimbursed and will be deducted from the reimbursed amount whether it was originally paid by the customer or the order shipped free.
- Mozaik reserves the right to charge a restock fee of up to 20% on select items which are not regularly stocked.
Mozaik is an authorized dealer of almost every manufacturer in the industry.
All products are warranted by the manufacturer and Mozaik will honour this warranty for the time specified by the manufacturer.
Warranty claims can be done directly through the manufacturer or by contacting us.
Mozaik Underwater Cameras is a Canadian and USA based Underwater Photo and Video store. As an authorized dealer of almost every major manufacturer in the industry we are committed to a high level of service and quality which we are practicing day by day.
PROFESSIONAL ADVICE AND CONSULTING
We are divers and Photographers! As such we have a vast knowledge and experience with the items we sell.
We are proud to offer you our professional advice and support and to share with you the knowledge we've gathered throughout the years.
Mozaik has been in business since 2005. We sell our products through almost every online sales channel and in person through our 2 offices in Canada and the USA.
We attend many major trade shows annualy, DEMA being the biggest one. We will be happy to schedule a meeting upon request in any such event.