Silver Aurora Fire Starter 440C with Magnesium by Solo Scientific - Made in USA
Created and manufactured by Solo Scientific in the USA to be used to start your campfires. The goal was to design and manufacture the best all-around survival fire starter in the world and it has absolutely been done! AEROSPACE QUALITY, the Aurora Fire Starter™ (US Patent Numbers. 8202085, 8186995) is a true survival tool and will work in any environment that will support life!
The Aurora Fire Starter™ will start a lifetime of campfires for most users. The Aurora Fire Starter™ is equipped with a built-in guided striking blade and ferrocerium flint steel rod with magnesium within its composition - yielding sparks as hot as 5000 degrees F. The standard 440C model comes with our great 440C Fully Hardened Stainless Steel Striking Blade installed that can be flipped over or sharpened if dulled.
To start a fire using the Aurora Fire Starter™:
- Place your fire starting material on the ground (plain cotton balls, dryer lint, toilet paper, birch bark, milk weed fluff, cotton wood fluff, burdock, or fine dry grass work great but any fine dry tinder usually found in the wild can be used).
- Open your Aurora Fire Starter™.
- Scrape the composite flint steel rod(ferrocerium w/magnesium within its composition)with the built-in guided 440C Striking Blade (note: for first use it may be necessary to scrape off protective coating on rod first with striking blade) while aiming the hot burning sparks at your tinder and you have FIRE!
The Aurora Fire Starter™ is rugged, and is designed for survival. The Aurora Fire Starter™ uses a large 1/4" diameter (.635cm) composite flint steel rod that has magnesium built into it. The built-in Striking Blade could be a lifesaver! You can wear the lightweight Aurora Fire Starter™ on your key ring or around your neck on a lanyard and if you are ever separated from your pack or knife you will still have everything you need to start a fire. The built-in Striking Blade takes off enough material to start a fire but will not cause excessive wear, can be flipped over to reveal a fresh striking surface (Note: the NEW 440C striking blades will yield thousands of strikes before needing to be flipped), or be sharpened if dulled. The built-in Striking Blade is part of the unit and will not get caught on equipment, break off, or rattle while in combat, or hunting - like other fire starters that have a blade hanging from a string. The Aurora Fire Starter™ is designed to function wet or dry, is machined from solid light-weight aircraft aluminum (NO PLASTIC!), is knurled for grip, and will not break when you need it most. The Aurora Fire Starter has an overall length of 3.6" (9.14cm) a diameter of .625" (1.59cm), weighs 1/10lb.(1.6 oz or 45g), has an o-ring seal to prevent the housing from unscrewing and provide protection from corrosion in salt water environments. The Aurora Fire Starter is designed to last a life time and provide you with fire when the emergency situation occurs. The Aurora Fire Starter™ comes complete with detailed instructions and several pieces of fire starting material.
- Large 1/4" diameter (.635cm) composite flint steel rod with magnesium
- Machined from solid light-weight aircraft aluminum
- Overall length of 3.6" (9.14cm), a diameter of .625" (1.59cm), and weighs 1/10lb.(1.6 oz or 45g)
- O-ring seal
- The built-in 440C striking blades will yield thousands of strikes
- Comes with complete instructions
We accept payment through PayPal only. Texas sales tax of 7.25% will apply to Texas residents.
Free Standard shipping (USPS First Class Package). Expedited shipping (USPS Priority Mail) is available.
Returns will be accepted within 30 days. The item must be in new condition and in original packaging.
We strive for 5 star feedback. Please contact us if you are not happy with your item.