Welcome to The Bicycle Outpost. Most of the bicycles we sell can be best described as "Project Bikes" that have one or more of the following issues: carbon frame damage that needs to be repaired, defective and/or worn-out parts, or missing parts. We don't perform any maintenance or repair work on the bicycles in our inventory. At a minimum, a bicycle purchased from us will need to be professionally assembled and inspected. Most will also need extensive service work. We acquire bikes through a variety of channels, and we don't know details like mileage, how often they were serviced, or anything else regarding the story behind them, like how damage occurred, etc.
Frame/Fork: 2016 Cannondale SuperX Disc Carbon Frame and Fork
Handlebar: Cannondale C2 Alloy, 42 cm Width (center-to-center at the levers)
Stem: Cannondale C2 Alloy, 100 mm Length
Seatpost: Zipp Service Course Alloy
Drivetrain Configuration: 2 x 11 Speed
Shifters: Shimano RS685
Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra R6800
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra R6800
Cranks: Cannondale Si Alloy, 172.5 mm Crank Arm Length, 46/34 Tooth Chainrings
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra R6800, 11-28 Gear Range
Wheels: Mavic Aksium Disc Alloy Clincher, 700c Wheel Size
Weight: 18 lbs. 8 oz.
GEOMETRY (measured by hand, approximate)
Size: 54 cm
Head Tube Length: 150 mm
Top Tube Length (horizontal/effective): 550 mm
We have visually inspected this bicycle with the goal of identifying and describing all issues of significant concern with regard to the need for repair or replacement. This inspection is focused mainly on the structural integrity of the frame and fork, with less effort devoted to inspection of the components (cockpit, drivetrain, wheels). Please note that while we strive to identify all issues that might be of interest and concern to potential buyers, we might miss something that is either difficult to see or requires disassembly of the frame or components to successfully detect.
----- ----- ----- -----
Damage that exceeds the following common conditions is noted below: light scratches and small dings, including small paint chips; minor damage to finish due to cable, heel, and chain rub; and what might be typical for a bike of this type and/or age (e.g. crank arm damage from curb or rock strikes, etc.).
-Heavy cable rub on non-drive side of head tube that has worn through several layers of carbon and should be repaired prior to being considered safe to ride.
All areas of carbon damage should be inspected/repaired by a technician that specializes in the repair of carbon fiber bicycles, and until doing so, this bicycle should not be considered safe to ride. It's at the buyer's sole discretion, ideally in consultation with a carbon repair expert, as to whether or not any area of damage actually needs to be repaired in order for this bicycle to be considered safe to ride, specifically with respect to the structural integrity of the frame and fork. We recommend Broken Carbon, a Boulder, CO, based repair shop with an extensive background working with carbon composites. Based on the noted carbon damage on this bike, we estimate the cost to complete all repairs to be $400.
-Light cable rub on drive side of head tube
-Small paint chips on non drive side down tube and seat stays
Other than areas of carbon damage noted above, frame/fork in fair condition.
-Handle bar tape NOT included - some torn bar tape still adhered to handlebar
-Light corrosion to stem bolts
Otherwise cockpit in fair condition.
-Chain NOT included
-Shift cables NOT included
-Brakes function - rear brake pretty soft (lever pulls to handlebar) and rubs lightly
Otherwise drivetrain in fair condition.
- Rims and brake track have light wear
Otherwise wheels in good condition.
----- ----- ----- -----
With regard to the current state of tune and continued serviceability of the components (cockpit, drivetrain, wheels), potential buyers should assume the following:
- We have not checked the torque values of bolts and other fasteners on this bicycle, and it's certainly possible that some, or even all, of these fasteners are not tightened to the manufacturers' recommended torque specifications, and, in fact, might actually be loose (e.g. loose enough to cause a component or small part to move unexpectedly or fall off, or otherwise cause a safety hazard and risk of personal injury or death).
- We have not checked the condition or adjustment of bearings (headset, derailleur pulley, bottom bracket, hub, freehub), and some or all might need to be adjusted or replaced.
- We have not checked the operation of drivetrain control components (shifters, brakes, derailleurs), and some or all might need to be adjusted. In the case of bikes with hydraulic brakes, the front and/or rear brake systems might need to be bled.
- We have not evaluated the condition and remaining service life of drivetrain wear components (chainrings, cassette, chain, brake pads, cables/housing), and some or all might need to be replaced.
- We have not checked the alignment of the wheels, and one or both might need to be trued and/or dished.
- We have not evaluated the condition of the tires or tubes, and some or all might need to be replaced.
----- ----- ----- -----
This bicycle will be professionally disassembled and packed prior to shipping. FedEx will require an in-person signature at the time of delivery, so please be sure to use a shipping address that someone will be at during FedEx's normal delivery hours.